Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2008

A beginning

I have written loads of "About-me" essays and short paragraphs for school,( since I am usually the new girl I get that as an assignment more often than others) but I decided to just tell you about me without all the flowery writing so here goes!

I think that it is obvious from the name of my blog that I love to read. What is not obvious is that I love to write, both stories and poetry. I am going to the eleventh grade. I have had what my mother calls an "obsession" with reading since the age of three when I first learned to read. I love most genres of books (I even manage to make it through some of those stuffy unabriged books by Jane Austen) although my absoloute favorite books are fantasy or anything to do with magic. I have moved schools a total of six times in the last six years and (whether or not this is true) consider myself an expert at it. I am not an American and I hate it when people simply assume that I am (I'm not Canadian either although I was raised there but that assumption happens less often). I am moving to another new school this year and I hope that I'll make it through the first day without embarrassing myself.

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment