Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Photoshopping

My latest project is painting on photoshop, I saw this tutorial where this girl makes a "fantasy woman" completely from scratch on photoshop and she turns out looking gorgeous and (in my opinion) pretty realistic and 3d looking and oh-so-cool! She was using a tablet (which, alas, I don't have) but I wanted to try it out on my own anyways. I found a rough sketch of a womans face online and started working with that, using my laptop's trackpad and my finger in place of the tablet. I started with it on friday night and have been working on it on and off since then..not 100% done yet, just needs a few finishing touches I think, I stuck with the basic shape of the sketch but changed a few details to put my own unique touch to it.

Here's the original sketch (not mine, I found it on google) and the painting i did based on it :)


I think it looks pretty darned good for a first try, especially since I was kind of improvising my method since I dont have the same equipment. I added a base for the hand at the bottom but I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep going with that..Then I'd have to make a shirt or something and I think that'd cover up my hard work shading the shoulders (yes they still have alot to go till they look good but I'm working on that) Also a couple of people I showed this to said that her chin was a bit off, dunno how to fix that exactly but I'm gonna get to it :)

Tell me what you think of it :) what were your first impressions?

Ever yours~

The Know-it-all

No comments:

Post a Comment