Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Blogger Book Hop! Aug 27-29

Book Blogger Hop

Well, its friday again, time for another Blogger Book Hop!! yay!! I love hopping around, I'm looking forward to it especially this time because I expect a lot of people have put up their rants about Mockingjay by now. I've been reading other people's rants ever since I finished the book simply because I need to let off some steam :) Okay so here we go:

This weeks question is:

Do you use a rating system for your reviews and if so, what is it and why?

Well, no not really..I mean I usually add a verdict at the end to say whether or not I'd recommend and to who, but I don't actually rate books on any scale..mostly beause its hard to give a book a rating with such finality. I'd prefer to point out the good and bad points of a book and suggest it to lovers of the genre it most fits.

To blog hoppers coming over to my blog. First off, Welcome :)

To those who are only interested in my reviews, there is a label on the sidebar called "Reviews" so you can filter out all my randomness..also please note that my post on Mockingjay is full of spoilers and is not my actual review (although this was my aim while starting to write it..it somehow turned into a long rant...so if you havent read the book yet..feel free to completely ignore that post. If you have, I hope that you (like me) need to blow off some steam, go ahead and post your own rant as a comment :) or link to your own review of mockingjay.

So have fun! and don't forget to comment, I love hearing your opinions :)

Ever yours~

The Know-it-all

5 comments:

  1. Just popping in via the hop to say hi! You have all sorts of good things on your shelf there, it seems we have similar tastes! Loved what you said in your Mockingjay review about District 14;) I'm a new follower and I hope you have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey editor buddy, where have u been, i waited a week to show you something before finally giving up and posting it. pls visit my blog, read and comment. and go online for God's sake, so u can give me your complete and rutheless review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopping by...cool background.

    Hop on over to my blog if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to your rating system :) I haven't yet finished Mockingjay but as soon as I do I'm coming back here and reading your review/rant lol

    coming through via blog hop and am now a follower :D happy reading!

    TheBookBluff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke's Box of Books has awarded you the 'One Lovely Blog' Award! Details here: http://brookesboxofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/09/we-got-another-award-one-lovely-blog.html

    Congrats!

    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete