Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

MOCKINGJAY IS HERE!!!!


Mockingjay is finally here!!!! I've got the e-book uploaded to my ipod and am having a mini-battle with myself whether to start reading it yet. I'm halfway through a book that I'm loath to put down (The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever) and I want to savor Mockingjay properly. On the other hand, My cousin, who is also a die-hard Hunger Games fan, has her copy of Mockingjay, if she finishes reading it before me there is a chance that there will be spoilers :( So..should I wait and finish my half-read book and savor Mockingjay? Or should I pick it up now and not risk getting the ending spoiled? I've extracted my cousins promise (more like she took pity on me and promised me anyways :P) not to start reading Mockingjay until tomorrow, by which time I'll have finished up my book and will be able to start Mockingjay!!!!!!!

Here's the cover (although, yes, I have posted it before) of the long awaited final installment of the Hunger Games Trilogy:
Tell me if you've got your hands on a copy of this book!

Ever Yours~

The Know-it-all

1 comment:

  1. I just finished Mockingjay, and have to say I'm wrecked aswell. No I am in serious physical pain. I'm already doing a mental rewrite of the end, where Prim, Finnick,Boggs, Cinna are all alive, and Peeta did not lose his mind. It's so cruel, everything is cruel even the epilogue fills u with an impending sense of complete hopelessness and despair. And then snow coughs himself to death? like WTH? couldn't you have choked on thin air two years ago you stupid cow. Haymitch is a cow too. It's like all the unimportant characters get to live. Whatever conflicting feelings you might have had about whether Peeta or Gale are better for Katniss, Collins has found a way to shut all Galeness fans up for good, by turning Gale into a complete and utter...urghh I don't even know what to call him!!!! I thought Prim's death was unnecessary and contradicting to the sole motivation behind all of Katniss's actions, which was initially to protect Prim. And then so many people died on the way to Prim's death it was like *mini-heart-attack*. Blowing up the children?!! I don't know what the hell kind of sadistic twisted mood collins was in then, but I guess it just goes with the flow of the rest of the horror going on. I'm so happy Coin is dead, there's something about overly straightened hair that's always freaky anyway. In my mind, Peeta was saved too, didn't even get captured by the capitol and stayed exactly the same. The whole Peeta experience was painful. The thing I don't get is what's wrong with Katniss's mother. They barely even speak and then she abandons her, like Gale. Haymitch is still drinking ofcourse, and then when Katniss goes to ask him for help he gives her such a dispicable answer that made me want to claw his eyes out myself. I like the part where she nearly scratches him to death in the begging. This whole book is miserable no comedy, no touching moments, I mean it's EPIC but I'm so depressed. I'll rant more later.

    ReplyDelete