Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Hunger Games Movie Cast

I heard this week that they cast Gale for the movie version of the Hunger Games. My friend told me that the actor's name is Steve Mcqueen. Well, when I googled him, all the pics were either black and white or the blurry color photos of the 70's..I clicked on one to enlarge it and the article it was in was about his 28th death-iversary..imaginemy surprise (not) when she sheepishly admitted that she hadn't been 100% sure whether or not it was official.

So while I was surfing around looking for an actual official cast list, or really any information about the movie (which is supposedly coming out in 2011) I found out that nothing official has been announced, although loads of people have they're own cast lists. I think thats a really fun idea and I wanted to have a go at creating my own cast list, especially with the hunger games, because I have pretty well-defined images of the characters in my head. Then I saw this video casting and I totally agreed with all her choices except for Katniss, Rue and Gale.





My choices:

Katniss Everdeen:



Saoirse Ronan
Age: 16

She looks exactly like the Katniss in my head! She's been in another favorite of mine, The City of Ember. Saoirse (pronouced Seersha) is an irish actress and I absolutely love her name! I've actually read a book with a character named Saoirse in it and I loved the name, I didn't realize until today that the girl in The City of Ember was called Saoirse :P

Gale Hawthorne:


Drew Roy:
Age 23, he seems to be a popular choice and I agree, he's perfect, although just a bit shorter than I imagined..I always imagined Gale as like above 6 ft..not that it matters


Rue:


Lauryn Alisa Mcclain

Perfect face for Rue! i always imagined her as dark skinned, not latino so I couldn't agree with the choice above :P

Also choices she didn't mention:

Prim Everdeen:

'jodelle-ferland-10.jpg

Jodelle Ferland

She is tiny and fragile but still has dark hair like I imagined her..we don't really see much of prim so I doubt it matters anyways. I think she only had two scenes in the entire book, when we were introduced to the character and when she was picked for the games only to be replaced by Katniss..so yeah..

President Snow:



Patrick Stewart

He's like the best bad guy ever! I mean he is ALWAYS the bad guy and he does it sooo well. Love this guy! He's in X-men, Star Trek, Prince of Persia and soooo many more.

Effie:


Kristin Chenoweth

Her pixie like face is perfect for Effie I think :)


Tell me what you think!

Ever yours~

The Know-it-all





No comments:

Post a Comment