Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Ramadans here!

Hey everyone!

So the holy month of Ramadan is here and I'm fasting...feels really weird with my retainer in..very very icky feeling.

Not that I'm complaining or anything, I love Ramadan..its kinda fun to be doing something with the entire country :) also its really fun for two main reasons: A) the food is always way better (and who would complain about awesome food for a month?) and B) I feel really really proud of myself all month long because I tend to slim down a bit..if I don't splurge on the pasta :P

Other than that..yeah just another month of boring summer I have to endure before starting university (I've gotten my schedule and the first day is officially 19th of september, can't wait!!) Five subjects first semester and four subs for second. I'm secretly really happy that I'm gonna be the youngest one there (still 16..), I should be used to it by now but I really enjoy the moment I tell someone new about it..yeah..I'm snobby/selfish/narcissistic sometimes..I figure I've earned it since my mom and I went through hell and back moving from school to school. Plus I still managed a 4.0 so I don't dwell on the mean-ness of it. Its kinda fun when people think of me as the child genius (exaggeration) makes up for the years of hell being a new student.

I digress..

So I'm attempting to make pies for dessert during ramadan but I've discovered that nobody in my family like pie 0_0 yeah..shocked me. I made three pies (in retrospect I'm guessing that was a bit much for a family of six) and it was just me and my dad who were eating any of them..apple pie (a la mode mmmm..), pumpkin (which I hated), and apple peach pie (basically tastes the same as plain apple) but most of it ended up in the trash in the end...oh, well.

So the 7 days competition came to a grinding halt about five days after it started..I read the first three potter books on schedule but when it was time to crack open Goblet of Fire I just couldn't...too much reading too little time..plus the actual people who started the competition seemed to drop off the face of the earth..absolutely no tweets after the sixth day and no one seems to have started Order of the Phoenix..I guess it wasnt meant to be..It was taking up way too much of my time and I have a huge to-be-read book list on which i haven't been making much progress...going to get started on that ASAP :)

Hope you all enjoy this last month of summer as much as I plan to!

Ever yours~

The Know-it-all

No comments:

Post a Comment