Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Fluffernutter!!

Today I had my very first fluffernutter sandwich. I'd never heard of this thing until sometime last year, when I read about it in a Taylor Swift tweet and googled it ( :P yeah, I know how random that is, but seriously I'd never heard of it before that) I discovered the existence of marshmallow fluff on the same day..no I am not living in a cave somewhere, I'm just surrounded by people who have no culinary curiosity. I have a bit too much, I think, not many other people would attempt the combination of vanilla ice-cream and ketchup after reading that it was a characters favorite food (what can I say, I was a handful as a 7 year old, also the taste wasn't really that bad, it was pretty nice, but I preferred the ice-cream solo in the end )

This culinary curiosity, as I like to call it has developed a bit since then..now I try to make everything (and I do mean everything) from scratch just for the heck of it. I like being able to say that I've made marshmallows from scratch, and white bread, and mayonnaise, and indian naan, and those tasty cheese crisps, and pasta (as in the dough, rolled out and sliced into strips)...and hard candy lollipops (which turned out surprisingly good, strawberry flavor) It's sort of an extension of my baking hobby, a random-rarely-home-made-food-product-making hobby :D

Here's a pic of my fluffernutter sandwich :) and yes it was delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment