Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Shelfari!

Okay, so for all you book fanatics out there, this website is one of my absolute favorite websites ever. Its called shelfari and it helps you organize your books and keep track of things.You can add tags to books you want to read, have read, and tag which ones you actually own. You can also add comments to each book and rate it on a scale of 1-5 stars. I don't know about you guys but usually when I shop for books i buy 'em in BULK, like 10-15 books at a time.

Then I make a huge mess of my nightstand, like so:

Needless to say it takes ages to find a particular book after I've set it down, let alone find my place (my bookmarks, of which there are few, usually fall out, or i forget to put them in to begin with) which brings us to the usefulness of shelfari!

The comments are for you and your shelfari friends to peruse so I just add the page i got to as a note, just in case i lose track of where i am. The website also helps me pick out books to read, since I can't seem to find a place that suggests good books anywhere. I just look at the most popular young adult books or the top rated ones and pick out the ones I think sound nice (They have the summary of each book on a separate page, as well as a page for the author with a list of all the books he/she has written) Everything is in one place!

You can check out my profile here and the list of top teen books here.

Ever yours ~

The Know-it-all

No comments:

Post a Comment